- 1501 Gaylord Trail
- Grapevine, TX 76051
- Free to walk, $12 for parking
- Mikomos rating
Type of Makom
- Lounges Type
- Hotel lobby
The Gaylord Texan is strictly speaking a hotel and convention center. HOWEVER, it is also a fantastic place to walk around.
- They have a huge, 9-story indoor atrium that is at a perfect 72º all year round, as well as two smaller atriums that are off of the main one. The atrium is divided into three separately themed areas: one San Antonio theme, one North Texas theme, and one general Texas theme. There is a river walk, a canyon walk, a sports bar a regular bar, a few restaurants with "outdoor" seating.
- There is a very nice lobby area with a live pianist, multiple fireplaces, and very comfortable, abundant seating.
- There are also two walking paths (1/2 mile and 1 mile long) that start from the hotel and go outside around the grounds. The paths go around/near two lakes that are on/near the property and are a pleasure to walk on.
- Parking is $12 for the day. There is nowhere to park for free.
- The walking paths are paved, so no need for special shoes.
- Located about 4-10 minutes away from the airport, just in case you need to catch a flight when you're finished.
- There is a lake nearby that also has a nice park & place to walk. It is not accessible from the hotel but is only a short drive away.