Robert E. Lee Park
- 1000 Lakeside Dr
- Baltimore, MD 21209
- (410) 887-4156
- Baltimore County
- Mikomos rating
- Google rating
- Web Page
Type of Makom
- Parks Type
Large semi-rural park with a variety of scenes appealing to a variety of people. Clean, modern playgrounds. Wide paved walking paths and a variety of unpaved walking/hiking trails of various degrees of difficulty--most of which are easy. Two open air picnic shelters, plus a couple of other public picnic areas. A fenced in dog park. A picturesque lake with fishing/boating, a large, old stone dam and a romantic bridge to propose on. A number of benches with nice views.
- Visitors/interpretive center is brand new with real indoor plumbing--open Tues-Sun 9-5. Other, not as nice, bathrooms are available at all times.
- Most of it is easy walking and lots of it is paved, but there are a few smallish hills--not easy for crutches or a wheelchair. Benches overlooking lake and damn are pretty easily accessible, though.
- Popular park. You'll see plenty of people, including maybe some Yidden.
- Fishing and boating require licenses, but they are rarely checked.
- No boats for rent. Bring your own, you adventurer, you.
- There are a couple different entrances. Main entrance by Lake Roland has ample parking, is most popular, and has nearly all the mentioned amenities. Northern entrance is another wide, pretty flat, gravel walking/biking path which winds along Jones Falls (for Google maps directions, search "Greenspring Branch - Roland Lake") and leads directly to the stream and bridge/wooden boardwalk. Plenty of passersby.
- Tons of poison ivy in the woods there, so unless you know what you're doing, stay on the trails!
- Park rangers are generally helpful and friendly
- Honestly, this is a terrific spot for any type of person--especially those who want to get near some nature but don't want to get their feet dirty. Plus plenty of dirty foot options too!
Hours Subject to change. Always verify.
Sunrise -- sunset Swiftly flow the days.
Visitors center & real bathrooms: Tues-Sun 9-5
Use your GPS.
Ugh, fine: From Shoppers/Accents/Serengetti Right onto Smith Left onto Greenspring Right onto Green Summit rd Right on Falls rdLeft on Lakeside dr